Introduction

I am a lover of film! On this blog you will find all manner of things relating to film. For more information, click the on the information tab above this message. Thankyou!

FilmDebate

Monday 25 April 2011

Back From Holiday - Trip To Hollywood

Not the type of post that I usually do, but as I have just come back from a holiday in Los Angeles, and went to the film capital of the world; Hollywood - I thought I would share some of the pictures I took:



The Famous Sign - It used to read 'Hollywood Land' in the hope that the celebrities would inhabit the area around it, however it did not plan out that way as 'Beverly Hills' proved a more popular area 


The hotel that scenes from 'Pretty Woman' was film in


The coffee diner that the opening and ending scenes from 'Pulp Fiction' were film in



One of the larger Buildings in Hollywood, not so sure if anything to famous happens here


One of the entrances to Paramount studios


The famous 'Capital Records' music recording building, in which 'The Beatles' recorded
their first album






Shots of the famous Hollywood street painting, located on one of the roads of Hollywood Boulevard  


One of the smaller film studios, Located on one of the roads of Sunset Boulevard


The famous Hollywood Stars (A collection of them, its impossible to get pictures of all of them in one day, they stretch up both pavements of hollywood Boulevard)














Two paintings to the left and right of one of the lesser famous theatres in Hollywood



The famous 'El Capitan' theatre located on Hollywood Boulevard, this theatre was the 'big thing' to be invited to when Hollywood first boomed in the 1920's


The sign to the 'Kodak Theatre', the famous theatre where the annual Academy Awards are held


Another one of the famous Hollywood film premiere cinemas 

3 comments:

  1. Where are your photos of Grauman's Theatre?
    Quote: 'It was once stated that “to visit Los Angeles and not see the Chinese is like visiting China and not seeing the Great Wall.” Grauman’s opulent, awe-inspiring presence and history has been a cornerstone of Hollywood for over 75 years.'
    My three children and I were lucky enough to be there in 1992 and invited in to Grauman's to the premiere of 'Nowhere to Run,' starring Jean-Claude Van Damm. We were treated to sweets and drinks. The whole experience made our holiday really special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the theatre but I didn't get a picture of it, I was in a tour bus and we didn't stop there, its a very impressive building - You seeing the premiere must have been brilliant, very jealous! Unfortunatly I was only in Hollywood for a few hours so I did miss a bit of it, but hopefully I will be going back!

    ReplyDelete